At The Scene Of Accident:
Do whatever you can to minimize the human and property loss that could result from the accident and make sure that the vehicle is protected from further damage. If possible, make a sketch plan of the scene of the accident showing the position(s) of the vehicle(s), road markings, etc and take pictures of the scene showing the position and damage of the vehicle.
If the accident results in damages to other vehicle(s), person(s), animal, or any other property: Note the registration number of the other vehicle(s) involved and the names of their owners and drivers:
- Note the names and addresses of the person(s) injured.
- Note the damage to animals and/or other property.
- Ask the names and addresses of everybody else who involved including witnesses.
- If possible, take pictures.
- Do not admit responsibility, sign any statement to this effect, or make any offer to any Third Party. Your insurance policy prohibits you from admitting liability without your Insurer's written agreement.
Report the accident to a nearby Police or any other similar Government Body immediately Notify the accident to the Head office of or any of its branches nearby immediately
Duly complete a claim form
Present a police report
Provide photocopies of the Driver's Identity Card and Driving License
Provide photocopy of the Ownership Certificate of the vehicle
Settle the excess required under the Policy
Settle any outstanding premium (if any)
Settle any contribution required in respect of replacement of new parts for old (if any)